This is one of those times that the idea that popped into my head when I saw these products actually worked out just as I envisioned it! Don’t you love it when that happens?!
In my head, the scene was a camera that someone had dropped into the ocean and this little group of underwater friends came upon it and started taking selfies with it. Because obviously that is what an octopus would do, right?
- This slimline card base is 3 3/4″ X 8 1/2″.
- I started by blending the background with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink and the Ocean Motion Stencil wavy border stencil by My Favorite Things. I also added some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink along the edges to give it that “green-ish” underwater look.
- Once I had the Lawn Fawn Magic Iris Camera add on die cut, I added a light blending along the top with Twisted Citron and Forest Moss Distress Oxide Ink to give the impression that the camera had been underwater for awhile and was starting to grow some moss!
- The ocean floor sand base was created using the Lawn Fawn Slimline Stitched Hillside Border dies – even when you’re using it on the narrow side of the card, it’s nice to have options of where you want the “hills” to fall.
- I added a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink and splatters to give the ocean floor a sandy look.
- I masked the smaller images of the octopus and his friends from the Ocean Shell-fie stamp set to create the “selfie” and die cut the larger images to add around the camera while they waited to see their picture!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Ocean Shell-fie stamp set by Lawn Fawn
- Ocean Shell-fie Lawn Cuts by Lawn Fawn
- Magic Iris Camera Add On by Lawn Fawn
- Magic Iris Camera Pull Tab Add On by Lawn Fawn
- Slimline Stitched Hillside Border dies by Lawn Fawn
- Ocean Motion stencil by My Favorite Things
- Speckled Egg, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Forest Moss and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks