Hey crafty friends! I’m back with another card that tells a story for you today (Lawn Fawn products just seem to inspire that in me!). Today these little mice are having a picnic in the woods but they are soooo in love, making googly eyes at each other, they didn’t even notice that the ants are stealing all of their food!
- The base of this scene is created with some very light ink blending – a bright green for the “grass” and very pale clouds for the sky. I like things light and bright and you don’t have to give that up on a full scene card like this one.
- The trees in this scene (also from Lawn Fawn) are intended to be used with a box card, but are perfect to frame out this picnic in the woods scene.
- If you don’t have those particular trees, the trunk could be simplified and cut by hand and the tree tops could be made using a cloud border die.
- Instead of following my instinct to color the picnic basket brown, I googled “vintage picnic basket” for some color and pattern ideas. So much inspiration!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Crazy Antics stamp set by Lawn Fawn
- Crazy Antics lawn cuts by Lawn Fawn
- Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks
- My Favorite Things Mini Cloud Edge Stencil