Hello friends! I wanted to share a few tips on creating this card using the new Stitch-a-Cross Slimline die from Crafty Meraki that I posted during last months blog hop.
- First of all, this die provides a wonderful amount of space for stitching! I went a little crazy pinning ideas (see my board here). I had to stop myself but Pinterest and Etsy are great sources of patterns to use on this die.
- If stitching the entire die is a little overwhelming, consider die cutting simple shapes (like a circle) from it and stitching a pattern on a smaller canvas. (That’s next on my list to try!)
- Once I saw the buffalo check pattern, I knew that was The One. Squares that are 5×5 stitches fit well on this die (it will take a little more than one skein of DMC embroidery floss to complete the squares on this pattern). It was a nice, simple pattern to work one while watching TV!
- It was Pinterest to the rescue again to fine a sample font to spell out “Joy” – just search for cross stitch alphabets and find one that you like.
- As a final touch, I wanted to add a little bit of green so I winged it with a few sprigs of greenery. Here’s a close up to get an idea of how those were added:
Final step – decide who you love the most of everyone on your Christmas card list! This is definitely not a card you would want to mass produce and you’re going to want to send it to someone that will really appreciate it. Or just keep it for yourself as a sweet display piece for the holidays every year!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Stitch-a-Cross Slimline
- DMS floss (black, red, green)