Hello! This is Samantha welcoming you to my very first blog post as a member of the Crafty Meraki design team!
Today’s card is created with some incredibly cute products from Sunny Studios available on the Crafty Meraki website:
- I started by blending the background using a DIY stencil made from thin plastic sheets (check the art supply section at your local craft store or Amazon) and an oval die. You could also use masking paper or one of the ready made shape stencils available on the market.
- I find creating little “mini-scenes” like this one using an ink blended or stamped shape much easier to complete than a full card front scene!
- Distress Oxide ink colors used for the background include Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch (for the water) along with Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade for the sky.
- The images from the Sunny Studios Sealiously Sweet and Tropical Scenes sets were stamped and colored using Copic markers.
- I chose to fussy cut my images and pop them up with foam tape but you could also mask the images and make this a one layer card.
- Consider making a set of matching cards using this format but changing up the seal image used and sky and water colors – it would be an adorable gift!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Sunny Studios Sealiously Sweet stamp set
- Sunny Studios Tropical Scenes stamp set
- Distress Oxide Inks (Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade)